This video shows how we inspect for rat infestation, in this case at a residential property in Northwest Washington DC.
Inspection and Finding
A thorough inspection uncovered two main entry points through which rats might invade the property. Two key findings helped us identify the problem and the solution.
- Finding #1 Brown spots around an unsealed wooden basement door led us to the conclusion that this was the rodents’ entry point.
- Finding #2 We also found a big opening through the access point where pipework entered the building. More brown spots on pipework covers revealed large scale rat activity. Rats had also chewed larger openings making it even easier for them to gain access.
Solution and Suggestion
This was a heavy infestation. The speediest response possible was necessary. Our proposed solution was to use soft bait to decrease the rat population. This is in contrast to the use of sticky plates and traps which some rats are smart enough to avoid. We also proposed the sealing of the basement door and pipeline openings. In accordance with our standard terms of trading, a 90 day warranty would be given to customers after last treatment.
Click here to check more of our interesting jobs.
If you have any questions/comments, either leave me a comment below.
- Roll Call Mondays: Keeping Client Concerns & Issues Front and Center - December 13, 2021
- Rat Inspection at a Residential Property in Northwest Washington DC - December 8, 2016
- Mice Nesting in the Couch in Northeast DC House - October 19, 2016