A customer in Northwest Washington DC reported seeing big roaches in her kitchen — a clear food hygiene concern.
American Cockroaches Inspection
We identified the infiltrators as American Cockroaches. Closer inspection revealed a hole near the outlet leading to the plumbing area. This would surely provide a freeway through which these pests might invade the house.
Also, at the foot of the dry wall, water rotting was detected — a condition attractive to roaches. The customer themselves set traps but failed to address the underlying issue of water ingress which was the real source of the problem.
American Cockroaches Extermination
- We placed granular bait in the crawl space. This is a stomach poison which can be passed around a whole colony.
- We cleaned up the infested area and sprayed the baseboards of the floor to create a chemical barrier.
- We sealed all entry points and the cracks between the floor and drywall.
- We recommended that the customer hire a contractor to fix the root cause of the infestation — the water leak.
If you have any questions/comments, either leave me a comment below.
- Rat Inspection at a Residential Property in Northwest Washington DC - December 8, 2016
- Crazy Sewer Rat Infestation in Storage Area of Alexandria Virginia House - December 6, 2016
- Mice Nesting in the Couch in Northeast DC House - October 19, 2016